Ride-A-Kart
Estes Park, CO
June 2014
After a morning of hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park, we drove down to Estes Park for some lunch. On the way, the girls spotted the Euro-Bungy and both wanted to try it. We visited after lunch (bad decision) and Laurel started with a few slides down the giant slide.
I let Laurel jump on the Euro-Bungy first so I could figure out how to make it work with Kellisa.
When Laurel's time was up, I approached with Kellisa and said, "this is how we're going to do this".
I didn't give the kid an option to say no, but he did say, "we usually don't...I guess we can try".
I carried Kellisa on the trampoline and watched as the young man attached the harness to Kellisa. I asked for the highest setting and in a few seconds, Kellisa was flying and loving every second. Bouncing depended strongly on the rider holding on to keep proper balance. After 3 minutes, I could tell Kellisa was getting tired and told the attendant to stop Kellisa. Just then, she let go and fell forward. Kellisa came down from 30 feet bent in half taking the full force on her mid-section (which has a g-tube).
I ran up as the attendant unhooked Kellisa and immediately checked the g-tube. I was feeling like a horrible parent, but the g-tube was intact. I felt better as I carried Kellisa back to her chair while she giggled and asked for more. Just after I had Kellisa safely back in her chair, I recognized the look on her face from previous experience. I only had a few precious seconds before projectile vomit exploded from Kellisa. I was able to turn her head to the side, but she was still covered in the mess as was her chair and the ground. It was fun cleaning Kellisa and her chair in a hot parking lot with nothing but baby wipes with the pressure of removing all the odor since we would be sleeping in a tent in bear country that night.
Kellisa really wanted to try the slide, so we went back the next day and I carried Kellisa up five stories fireman style so she could go down the slide. Laurel rode the slide again. After the slide, both girls wanted to do the Euro-bungee again, but I didn't want a repeat.
Comments
Post a Comment